In this section:
Loctite Products: A 'Must Have' for Model Engineers
Loctite is a household name for high technology engineering adhesives used in general assembly and threadlocking.
As official distributors of Loctite products, Polly Model Engineering is pleased to offer a range of adhesives to cover the common applications in model engineering.
Click on product names in order to access full product information from the data sheets on the Henkel Loctite website. (These links lead to PDF documents which will open in a new window).
- Loctite 242 is a medium strength thread locking/sealing product normally used where disassembly with normal hand tools is required.
- Loctite 290 is a higher strength thread locking/sealing product.
- Loctite 542 thread locker is particularly suited to pipe thread sealing.
- Loctite 603 is a high strength retaining product particularly suited to bearing retention, model engineers find it appropriate for retaining wheels on axles, its tolerance to oil contamination is a particular benefit where chemical cleanliness cannot be assured.
- Loctite 641 is a medium strength retaining product suitable for bearing retention and other fixings, where disassembly may be required.
- Loctite Loc ‘n Seal 242 is a thread locking/sealing compound which we find appropriate for sealing threads on boiler fittings.
- Loctite Multigasket
- Loctite Superclean
Enquire for availability of other Loctite products.
Loctite is a trade mark of Henkel Corporation